About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Home for a few days Dec 5-9

I got up Wednesday morning and hunted for a couple of hours. This warm weather is really not great hunting weather. Headed back to camp and cleaned up the the trailer a little bit and headed home. On Thursday morning I woke up really early and couldn't go back to sleep, 4:00 am. Got up and started planning our trips for next year. I hope to do a better job budgeting this year, I missed the mark last year a little bit. Just looking, we will be home for at least 199 days. I guess we are just homebodies. That evening we went to Humble for Susan to go to a sewing shop and I went to Academy . Afterwards we ate at Pappas and then headed to a  school expo that Mackenna was in. Wow the traffic was horrible. I more and more dislike driving anywhere near big cites.  Friday morning we went to John and Jennifer's to see the twins.They are doing great even though Little John Alvin 4th is needy just like his dad. Holly Grace is laid back and sleeps. I brought my tractor back and started cutting some firewood because sometime it is gonna get cold.

It started raining Saturday morning. Was not supposed to rain today. Luckily it didn't last long and I was able to cut and stack a little firewood. I can only due so much a day due to my back. Later in the day I mowed the yard. Yep its Dec 8 and 75 degrees  and the yard needed mowing. Susan spent most of the day sewing .

Well its Sunday morning and I am up at 5. Very foggy outside, it is supposed to be another warm day and then a real cold front is supposed to blow in late this evening. There is going to be a 50 degree swing in the temperature today. We may get our first freeze of the year Tuesday morning.  We are gonna clean house this morning with Susan and I double teaming. There is a contractor coming over today to give us a bid on our remodeling plans. We are redoing the kitchen and also combining two bedrooms into one and making Susan a big ole sewing room.  Later this evening we are headed to Kristi's for Sammi"s 3 birthday party. Susan will spend the night there and I am headed to the deer lease.    While I am rambling, I wish I could find my camera. I lost it about three weeks ago. All my pictures have been taking with my phone. Hope it shows up soon. Its a small compact Sony which I love but it is sure easy for my to misplace. This is not the first time I have lost it but never for this long.     

Mowing in December

Its gonna get cold sometime 
Mel, Sammi, Kristi

Susan is sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive