About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, May 13, 2013

May 12----Another Nice day


Long Pool Rec area
Nice swimming area
Good place to kayak
A few ripples
Lets eat
A pretty area
Linda & Lou
It was quite chilly when I got up i got up this morning. It was 44 with a slight breeze. I decided to sit inside and drink my coffee and just look out the bay window. After Susan got up we decided to take a small road trip to Long Pool Rec area. One of our camping neighbors told us about this out of the way camping. It was about an hour away and back in the mountain hollers. It has rv camping with w/e. There is Big Piney Creek which you can swim in and also do float trips. The only down side is no cell phone service at all. This is definitely a place I would like for a few days. It was a really pretty drive down there and back. We got back home and both took a little nap. Later one of my aunts (Linda) stopped by and told us to come on down to a gathering. Gary's family(Linda's husband)  just happened to have a mothers day family reunion in a pavilion about 75 yards from our camper. Bonnie & Gary, Lou and Deville also came. We had good food and a good time.  Afterwards Susan and I headed to Sonic and got us some ice cream.  Tomorrow we leave for Lake Dequeeny for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive