About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 7 Grand Ole Opry

I got up this morning and it was cool and very foggy. I took Maggie for a walk and washed a load of my laundry. The Park has one set of washer/dryers.  No one using them at 5:30 in the morning. It was about ten before the fog burned off and then it became a sunny day. I took a little nap and just relaxed all morning. We left for Nashville about two oclock. We drove downtown to see all the sights. No one really wanted to walk around so it was a car tour. We headed to eat about 4:00 before the show. We settled on Mexican food near the Opry house. We headed to the Opry about 5:30. Everyone went to the gift shop while I picked up our tickets at the office.  I"m glad I had my order number on my phone as You had to have that to get your tickets. Name and ID not enough. The doors  opened at 6:15 and we went in. We had great seats on the main floor about 7 rows from the stage. All the perfomances were good but for me Jim Ed Brown won the night.  He is 79 years old and his voice is still smooth. He sang two of his standards and then one new song just out " In Style Again".  He got a standing ovation from the crowd. Riders in the Sky were my next favorites and then Chris Young. The show was over much too soon. It was our second time to go to the Opry and we will go back again sometime.
Chowing down

Grand Ole Opry

Dean Patricia

Jimmy Vicky

Susan and Lavonna hitched a ride
Inside the Opry
"Minnie Pearl"
Keith Anderson
Jim Ed Brown
Mandy Barnett
John Conlee
Chris Young
Riders in the Sky
Del McCoury Band

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive