About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

12-28 Lake Somerville

It was a really nice day here on the lake. About 40 when I got up and made it to 57 for a high. I was feeling a  little better today. I took Maggie on her first walk this morning and we saw lots of deer, In the distance you could hear the duck hunters blasting away. This is a nice park with 4 camping loops. The loop we are in has only 2 other campers. It sure makes it quiet.The lake is  low from the drought but is still pretty. We ran back to Brenham so Susan could go to a couple of resale shops, fueled up the truck and came back. We drove thru a couple of other parks on the Lake to check them out as we have never been here before. When we got back I tired to get my satellite dish to working but couldn't. I decided to take a nap and then do some reading. In the evening Susan and i took a nice walk. We saw lots of deer feeding in the park. When we got back I built a fire , had happy hour and cooked pork chops/sausage for supper.It was a nice evening.
Susan & Maggie

A nice Sunset

A prancing doe

People watching
A cool evening

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive