About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, December 30, 2013

12/29/13 Travel Day to Mckinney Falls State Park

Wow, I slept till 6:30 this morning. I guess that NyQuil does make you sleep. I am feeling better but not  quite 100 %.  We are not in a hurry today as we only have about a 2 hr drive. Maggie and I took a nice walk this morning and I saw a really good Buck. Of course I didn't bring my camera and couldn't get a good picture with my cell phone.Its the first buck I have seen here but there are lots of does. We got on the road about 10. Stopped in Giddings and had breakfast at Subway. We pulled into the park about 12:30. We were able to get a nice pull-thru that we had stayed in before. I am glad we got here early as lots of trailers came in later. The park is almost full and I am a  little surprised, We are here  about a week earlier than normal , usually not this many campers then., We went to the store and picked up a few groceries. For supper I grilled salmon and some wild rice to go with it. We had a little campfire but the wind got up so we went on in.
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive