About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Feb 4, 2015 Rainy Day Copp Winery

It was a drizzly day with no sunshine. We decided to drive down to Crystal River and go to a winery. We got there about 11 and Susan found a quilt shop to browse thru. I dropped her off and went to Harbor Freight. This was the nicest Harbor Freight I have ever been to. Aisles were big and wide. I left without buying one thing. Susan was ready when I got back and she didn't buy anything either, that's a record. We decided to get a light lunch before heading to the winery .Funny thing is we did the same thing yesterday, stopped at a Taco Bell. I had never eaten at a taco bell in my life. We split a taco dinner and got out of there for only $6.50. We even liked it so we did it again.Whats funny is here we were the youngest couple in there. Lots of senior citizens in Florida. We then headed to the Copp Winery. It was in a quaint little house and set up nicely. We both did the wine tasting. Of course as usual I liked everything I tried.We managed to leave with only 4 bottles. I decided when we left to drive to the beach and look around. It was only nine miles. The day was still cloudy but it was a nice drive. After walking around we headed home.That evening we ran into Cedar Key to eat at a little seafood restaurant  named Tony"s. I got some clam chowder for an appetizer and it was great. We split the seafood platter for our main meal. I had never had steamed clams before and they were okay. The oysters,shrimp,crab,scallops and hush puppies were great. The best seafood I have had in Florida. Its going to be hard to pass it up tomorrow night. I hope the rain will be gone tomorrow.


The only thing in sight

On the way to the beach

At the Copp Winery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive