About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Feb 13, 2015 Travel Day and Home

It was 32 degrees when I got up this morning.A norther blew in last night and the high today was only going to be 51. Our plans were to head to near Biloxi, Ms for a few days. Since the weather looked bad I told Susan that we should just head toward home probably stopping near Baton Rouge for the night.We were on the road by 8. We stopped for brunch about 10 just inside the Mississippi border. Fueled up and cruised on down the road. We got to Baton Rouge and I told Susan that I feel good and we should just trot on home. She agreed and we headed on. We stopped in Lake Charles and ate at her favorite place Steamboat Bills. Yes the hot spicy boiled shrimp were good. We made it home about 6. Traffic was good for us all the way home. I am glad we were not headed east as traffic was really stacked up in Baton Rouge and again in Beaumont.  Anyway another good trip but we are glad to be home.
Last necessary task  of our trip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive