About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

May 5, 2015 We are at Blanco State Park

This has been the longest stretch of time that we have stayed home since I retired. While it was nice to be home we  were itching to hit the road. We finally decided to make a small hill country trip.We left about 7:30 am. We knew the traffic on I-10 thru Houston would be bad  so we decided to take the Beltway 8 and then 290 outbound. This turned out to be a nice drive with not too much traffic We stopped in Chappel Hill at.a small cafe and had breakfast. We arrived in Blanco about 12:45.  We have been here several times and really like it. Luckily one of my favorite spots was open. The weather was nice and we got all set up.I took Maggie for a long walk down by the. river .On the way back I met a nice couple from Sheperd,Tx.. We knew a lot of the same people.They are camped across the street from us. Later that evening we sat outside under the awning as it started to drizzle. It was still nice and I was able to grill some chicken on my little Weber. It started pouring around 6:30 and rained the rest of the evening so no campfire.

River dam

low water crossing tocampground

the river is nice here

Maggie chasing squirrels

Maggie could care leass about the ducks
Our Campsite

Pretty picnic areas along the river

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive