About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, August 9, 2015

August 8 2015 A Ride in the Country

About 11 last night the wind woke me It was really blowing. My awning was tied down but it was taking a beating. I got up and put it down and put our chairs up Back to bed I went but took awhile to go back to sleep. When I got up in the morning the wind wasn't blowing and we got no rain. My neighbor said he thought his trailer was going to turn over. We decided to go eat breakfast and then explore some back country. We ate at a little cafe. They just had one cook and one waiter. It sure wasn't fast food but it was one of the best breakfasts I have had. I had a ham & cheese omelet smothered in green chili sauce. I put it on my potato's and even my toast. Think I may eat there again tomorrow. We then headed up a county road. We went 11 miles until we ran into a gate across the road. We had to turn around and go back.It was a rough gravel road, pretty narrow in places. It took us 35 minutes to go that 11 miles. It was a pretty drive thru a canyon. After going back home I took a little nap. The wind woke me up again. We went back into town so Susan could shop a couple shops that were closed when we there before. We went back to the trailer and watched Tv the rest of the night. The wind was just blowing too much to sit outside.
My new favorite breakfast cafe

8 miles from paved road on basically a one lane gravel road  Watch your speed.

Nice rock formations along the road

Mule deer but she was camera shy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive