About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

4/16/2019 Another Nice Day

It was a lot warmer this morning when I got up about 60 degrees. The wind was blowing so it felt pretty cool as Maggie and I took our morning stroll around the island. Their were a couple of boats fishing this morning in the protected coves. They are doing a lot of remodeling on some of the waterfront sites where we have stayed before. The lower road and sites are gone but they are building some nice elevated fortified sites, some are pull-thru and a few are back-in. When finished these will be very nice and not subject to the flooding issues of the past. I built a little fire and one of my neighbors from Oklahoma joined me for awhile. They and their friends are leaving today so we will have the top of the island to ourselves. Susan forgot her rotary cutters so we drove to Rodgers where they have a Hobby Lobby to get one. With all the redbuds and dogwoods blooming the country side drives are very pretty. On the way back we stopped in Garfield.  The Bus Stop was a place I used to get ice cream at but it is closed down now. Across the street , The Short Stop, has remodeled and enlarged to accommodate the new influx of folks. They did keep the tradition of giant ice cream cones. Of course I got one which was a small but its huge, Susan got a baby cone which in reality was enough for the both of us. I ate mine and finished hers. When we got back to camp we both took naps. Later Susan did some sewing and Maggie and I piddled around outside. We had an evening fire and retired for the night.
The causeway to the island camping

reconstruction work

These will be nice when finished

A small waffle cone ice cream

Maggie is working on her tan

The baby is leading the way

Chilling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive