About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, April 4, 2019

April 3,2019 A nice drive in the Natchez Trace and then a downward spiral

It was about 38 this morning. I had to put on the furnace to warm up the trailer. We only had about a 4 hour drive so we didn't get in any hurry. We headed out and got on the Natchez Trace Parkway. It was a really nice drive, The speed limit is 50 mph. We hardly saw any cars. We got on I-20 in Jackson Ms and headed east. We stopped later to fill up the truck and eat lunch. About a mile later down the road we had a blowout on a trailer tire. I never felt it but a car signaled that I had a problem so I pulled over. Usually I would change my own tire but because of my back I called Good Sam, It took awhile but they finally got someone there. We finally got back on the road. That one call paid for my Good Sam. It s nice to have and luckily we had cell service. We were only 30 miles from our next stop. As we got to the campground office a guy pulled in behind us and said a tire was abour to come off of trailer. Sure enough  on another tire all the lug nuts and bolts were gone but two, I limped to our site with a wobbly tire. I couldn't break the two nuts to take tire off so I went to town and found a shop. The said if I get it there in the morning they could fix it.  Im hoping to limp the 2.5 miles to the shop.  Not a great day but it could have been worse.
Twitlley Branch Campground

Natchez Trace

Bad Tire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive