About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

April 2, 2019 On the Road Again Finially

We got on the road today doing a spring trip. We had already cancelled the last 3 weeks because of my back issues.  I'm finally doing better but getting everything loaded yesterday made me a little sore this morning. We left about 7:30 heading east. It was a nice day and an easy drive. There was one stretch on I-10 before the state line that was pretty rough and bounced everything around in the trailer.  We drove about six hours and stopped at Natchez State Park for the night. We were able to get a pull-thru and I didn't even unhook the truck. Susan straightened up inside and Maggie and I took a little walk. We are in campground B, its small but nice, perfect for an overnight stop. There were several spots open when we got here but by nightfall it was full. One pleasant surprise was at Mississippi State Parks 65 and older are half price so it only cost  $15.00.  Wish Texas would do that.  I cooked a little supper on my Lil Smokey and we just chilled the rest of the evening.

Ready to roll

Stopped for potty break and had a sandwich

Maggie was ready to take a break

Natchez State Park 

cooking a little supper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive