About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, April 15, 2019

April 14, 2019 Travel Day to Eureka Springs Arkansas

It was cold and wet when I got up, the temperature was around 50 degrees. We were in no hurry to leave and by the time we got on the road it was about 9:15 and the temperature had fallen to 45 degrees and lightly misting. The farther west we went the better the weather got. The drive across northern Arkansas was simply gorgeous this time of year. The red bud and dogwood trees were in full bloom and the new green leaves on the trees were bright. We got to Beaver Lake and set up. It had warmed up to 60 but the wind was blowing pretty good. We should be here about 10 days so I unloaded everything. None of the sites have water so I took my water bladder, filled it up and pumped into my trailer. I had forgot about the no water thing because usually the site we stay at is close enough for me to stretch a couple of water hoses to fill my tank. Susan got her sewing machine set up and Fox News on the tv so she is good.  I was wore out and back hurting so just rested the rest of the evening.
It was a cold drive to start with

Finally set up

Filling my water tank

Maggie was cold

Susan is set up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive