About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

March 13-14, 2014 More trials and tribulations in Florida

We  got up Thursday morning to chilly weather, about 43 degrees. Still it was nice with a bluebird sky. Susan had a cousin and her husband  Alex/Vicky  coming to visit us and spend the night. They were headed back to Texas after just buying a house on the Atlantic Ocean south of Melbourne Beach. I went to my truck to go to the Ranger station to see what I needed to do to get them in. Uh O, my truck would not start. It turned over but no ignition. I called Good Sam and they sent a tow truck and arranged for a place for repairs in Panama City. That's about 35 miles from us.  I called a rent a car place there and rented a car. This is getting frustrating but at least we are where we need to be until Sunday. When Alex/Vicky  got here  we talked for awhile and then headed to Panama  City to pick up my rent car. Whew it was crowded there with all the spring breakers. Lots of sights I won:t mention.  After getting the car Susan,Alex, and Vicky headed down the beach road to find a place to eat supper. I headed to the Repair Shop to talk to them about my truck. It was about 5 when I got there and the guy said he had found the problem. After finally getting it started it ran with no leaks, but once he drove it the leaks begin again. He said the #6 cylinder line had backed off. He thinks the previous shop did not torque the fittings causing them to loosen back up.  He said he would keep the truck overnight, check all the fuel injection lines and make sure they were correct. I said great and headed to meet the gang. We ate at a place called Pompano Joe's. They had 1/2 price  drinks till 6 so I managed a couple in. The food was good and we had a great time visiting. The next morning we walked to the beach before breakfast. It was such a pretty morning.When we got back Alex/Vicky packed up and we headed out to eat some breakfast. After that Alex/Vicky headed on home to Texas and we went to pick up my truck. We have our fingers crossed cause we feel a little snake bit. On the way home we stopped at a seafood market and picked up some shrimp an d scallops to grill for supper.
Pompano Joes
That little Hyundai is not gonna pull that trailer


a
Susan Vicky Alex
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive