About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

March 8,2014 Heading to Florida, Gonna be delayed a couple of days

We headed out  8 In the morning for our Florida trip.  About 3 miles down the road Susan discovered that she left her prescription sunglasses. We turned around and went back home. After retrieving them we headed out again. Little did I know this was setting the tone for the rest of the day. We had a good drive untill Baton Rouge. Traffic was backed up about 15 miles before the river bridge.Stop and go till we crossed the Missippi river.  Somewhere around Hammond, La I smelled diesel, that's not a good sign. We made it to Biloxi and found a rv park.  I could see fuel leaking from below. It turned out to be a fuel injector line leaking in the back cylinder. A neighbor told me there was a diesel repair shop right down the road. I got there just as the owner was leaving. Everyone was gone and he said it would be Monday morning at 8 before they reopened. I went back to the trailer and called around and everyone was closed. Looks like we will be staying here till at least Monday,   On the bright side at least we didn't break down on the side of the road.  I set up our satellite and called Dish so we could get the local channels. With Dish"s usual efficiency it took 4 calls to get a tech that could speak good English and hit my receiver correctly. Anyway tomorrow should be a lazy day.
Ready to Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive