About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March 4, 2012 Finally Going Home

It was only 28 degrees when I got up this morning. Still no water in trailer. Not sure if my pump impeller has broken. The heater in the compartment has warmed everything up but its possible the lower water tank could be froze up and I cant get to that one. Susan wrenched her back this morning and is moving slow.Big Mike and I are picking up outside trying to get ready to leave. His waste water tanks are froze and dont want to drain. I took my truck on a test drive and was able to get up the hill to the highway. We had to take hammers to break ice so we could pick up our power cords, satilitle cords, and ice chests. My slide outs would go in but Big Mikes wouldnt. Backed the truck up nad he took a broom handle and got all the ice off the top and then they worked just fine.It was 33 by 11:00 am and we eased out. I slid a little bit with the trailer as I wnet up the hill but it was really no problem. When we got about 45 miles south of Canton the roads got is good shape and no ice or snow to be seen. Susan and I stopped in Crockett to eat but the Templetons continued on. It warmed up to 41 but by the time we got to Livingston the temp was back down to 37. There was ice still in the trees but the ground was clear. We made it home. Susans back was donig much  worse so she just sat down as I unloaded the trailer. I only had to get the clothes we need to wash as our plans are to leave for Florida Thursday. It was supposed to be Wednesday but we moved it back one day. Finally about 7:00 pm my water tank thawed and I was able to get water again. I am glad as I thought I was going to have to replace the water pump.
Lets load up and go 
 For some reason my spellcheck is not working and I can"t get my cursor back to the text to correct my mistakes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive