About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March 3, 2014 Trapped in Canton

Well we got up this morning to 16 degrees. The water in the trailer was frozen. I had left a bathroom faucet dripping but not enough. I turn the tv on and had no signal. The one good thing was it was warm and cozy in the trailer. Another good thing was we still had electricity, I was a little worried about that last night. Lavonna came over about 7:30 am and visited. I couldn't get into any of my compartments  to check water lines.  Big Mike came over a little later and we decided there was no way to try and leave today. We decide to go fill our propane tks.  The first place we found was closed so I thought we might get them filled at  an RV Campground.  Nope that  didn't work but she told us where to go. We got back after a couple of hours and both  of us falling a least once on the ice.  I took a hair dryer and thawed out the compartment doors and put a heater in there. I then  thawed the snow and ice on my satellite so now I have tv again. At 2:00 pm it was still 24 degrees. I watched a motorhome try to get out of the park but he couldn't climb the hill. Then our neighbors hooked up their Vendor trailer and tried to get out but no luck either.  Its not supposed to get above freezing till tomorrow.  We just relaxed the rest of the day. About 6:00 pm we went to the Dairy Palace for the for supper. We headed back to the trailers for the night.

No one can make this hill without 4 wheel drive

Empty parking lot at Walmart




Just wandering around

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive