About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

May 14, 2014 Travel Day to Fredricksburg

I got up early again this morning. It rained again during the night but was clear skies and stars shining when I stepped outside.  It was quite cool for a May morning.  We just piddled around all morning picking up and getting ready to leave. We rolled out about 11:00 am. It was a clear blue day but the winds were really blowing. I”m glad we didn”t have to travel far. We were set up in Ladybird Johnson Muncipal Park by 12:30. It is a nice place right beside the little airport. My bay window faces the airstrip so I can watch planes land and take off. It shuts down at night so there is no traffic noise. Susan saw a place which had fire pits for sale on the way in today. We had been looking for a small one we could carry. They had what we were looking  for so we added it to our collection we carry around on trips. The wind layed a little bit in the evening so we could have happy hour  outside. I grilled pork chops and corn on the cob for supper.  We had a nice evening.  Adam and Lori are coming tomorrow. They are staying in a B&B near here.
Ladybird Muncipal Park


Nice small airport

 Ready Set

Gone

Happy Hour


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive