About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, May 12, 2014

May 11, 2014 Travel Day to Blanco State Park

Site #17
We got on the road again today. We are at Blanco State Park. It is a nice small state park on the Blanco River. We stayed here back In January and loved the place. The weather is a lot nicer this time. We are going to be here till Wednesday and then head to Fredricksburg. Adam and Lori are meeting us there on Thursday. On Sunday we will head back toward Bryan to see Peyton. It has been a rough month for me. My back was bad and I also had a small kidney stone. Things are looking up as I can get around pretty good but cant lift much. I started walking yesterday but about a half mile is all my back will allow.  I had planned to do some kayaking here but that’s probably not going to happen.  I really like making these short drives . We stopped in Schulenburg and ate at  Franks. We just barely beat the lunch crowd.  We like stopping here because the food is good and they have plenty of parking for RVs. We got to Blanco and was setup by 2:30.  It was a really nice evening with a good breeze. Our plans are to just chill and not crank the truck till we move again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive