About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 1 2014 Mavresso Campground

I slept late for me this morning. It was about 6 when I got up. It was 43 outside with a slight breeze. I didn”t build a  fire because I did not have enough wood to get it hot . I think they make them tall to contain the fire due to the winds they get here.   After eating we went to Dolores so I could use free wi-fi. Of course Susan found a quilt shop and I went to a small train depot museum. Dolores is a pretty little town and well kept. We headed back to the trailer and chilled out the rest of the day. Our neighbors (Brandy & Darlene) came over and visited for awhile.  They have two sons who are really enjoying this campground. That evening Brandy went up higher on the mountain and cut us some firewood. Yep really nice people. My back is giving me some nerve issues in my hip so I’m limping around and cant do much. Tomorrow we may ride up to Telluride and look around.  So far the weather has been about perfect here.
Chipmonks everywhere
Maggie on alert for the little rascals


Dolores

Dolores
Railway Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive