About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, July 20, 2014

July 12-14, 2014 We have to head Home

I got up early to do laundry at the park facilities. As I was sitting there I checked my phone and I had good service and a text from Kyle. They had an atv accident and Kristin was in the hospital with a serious foot injury. There is a possibility that she might lose the foot.  When the laundry was done I headed back to the trailer.  Susan and I started packing and getting ready to pull out to head home. We pulled out about noon. We knew we wouldn't get to far that day because we had to go thru the mountains. Sure enough we did 150 miles in 5 hrs. Lots of winding roads and  passes, one of which was Monarch Pass. Its 11,300 ft at the top  and it was 43 degrees there. It was a.pretty good pull up there.On the way down my brakes actually got a little hot so I pulled over and let them cool. Then I just put it in low and crept down the rest of the way. Of course it was raining which didn't help. When we got to Salida we found a nice campground on the river.We made Amarillo the next day and then Liberty on Monday. Its going to be a long ordeal for Kristen. There will be many surgery's to save the foot. Amputation is still a real threat.  This will be my last blog for awhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive