About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

July 10-11 Brake Job

Thursday—I decided to get a brake job on my truck today. Yesterday when we were in Silverton I could hear my left  front brake grinding. I didn’t say anything to Susan till we got back down the mountain. I knew she wouldn’t enjoy it if she knew. I dropped her off at Main Street so she could shop. I dropped my truck off and walked back and met her. We shopped and ate lunch. While she was in a quilt shop the shop called and said it was ready. We went back to the trailer and chilled the rest of the day.

Friday-----We decided to run up to Gran Mesa and look around. First I dropped Susan off at a quilt show and I went to the library to use the
Wi-Fi. After that we headed on up. It was another nice drive. We stopped in a little town called Cedaredge. We finally made it to the visitor center at Gran Mesa. The altitude was about 9500 ft. and the temperature was 63. There were some beautiful small lakes and we looked at 3 campgrounds. We definitely could stay up here some time. On the way down I almost ran over a bear. He came across so fast I had to use my new brakes.  No pictures this time. We spent the rest of the evening in camp.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive