About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

July 7, 2014 Ridgeway State Park

I had loaded most everything last night so I didn’t have much to do to get ready to roll this morning. We actually got on the road by 7:30. We stopped in Dolores and ate breakfast. We took a western route to Ridgeway. It was a nice easy drive. We did have one 8 mile 7% descent that took a little time as I geared down, stayed slow, and kept off my brakes.  It was pretty but we didn’t get any pictures that really showed the switchbacks. We made Ridgeway State park and was setup by 1:30 pm. We are below the dam on the Uncompahgre River. It’s a nice place and I think we are going to like it here. We get some cell service but not enough to use my hotspot so I still will have to go into town to get wifi and update my blog. We had a few rain showers but I still was able to have a little campfire. The camp host came by and visited us. She said there are lots of mountain lions around but no recent sightings. There has been 2 bear sightings along the river. Susan kept a sharp lookout but we didn’t see anything this evening. Our neighbors Howard and Bonnie invited us to their campfire and so we visited with them till way past my bedtime.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive