About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June 30 2014 Travel Day to Mavreeso Campground, Dolores, Colorado

We hooked up and headed out about 8:00 am. We stopped in Chama and ate breakfast at Fina”s. I had a green chili omelet and it was great. Susan got a burrito and only ate about an eighth of it. We will split that for breakfast tomorrow. We drove west thru the Jicarilla Apache Reservation and then thru the Navajo reservation.  The Apache got the best deal as far as I can see.  When we got to Farmington we stopped at Walmart and bought groceries for the next week. I went ahead and filled up and we were on our way. The landscape really changed after we got to Cortez. Then from Dolores to our campground was incredible.  The campground is wonderful and we are right on the river. We unhooked and sat outside the rest of the evening. We met our neighbors and they are very nice. They are from this area but live in New Mexico now. We have zero cell service. I was able to get satellite TV though.  We will have to drive back to Dolores to use our phone. The visitor center has free wi fi so I will go there to update my blog.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive