About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Friday, June 12, 2015

June 11, 2015 Across the rest of Texas and finally La Veta, Colorado

I got up at 5 this morning. I drank my coffee and watched the news. We were not in a hurry. About daylight I took  Maggie on a walk. When I got back to the trailer I noticed an almost flat tire on my trailer.I thought no problem I will just take it off and run to Quannah to get it fixed.  Well my battery powered impact wrench wouldn't budge the lug nuts. My small breakover wrench wouldn't either. I got my air compressor out and aired the tire up. I got the trailer ready to roll and checked the tire. It hadnt lost any air pressure. We headed out toward Childress Tx about 25 miles. We found a full service gas station. They had  me back on the road in less than hour. Onward we went It was a much cooler drive today as the temperature never got above 83.  It was actually a pretty drive to Amarillo and thru the panhandle. It was so green from the recent rains, we have never seen it like this. When we got to La Veta Colorado there were a few spotty showers and the high temp was 74 and no humidite.  We.are going to stay here till Tuesday.
Getting the tire fixed
La Veta , Colorado
We found a nice place for supper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive