About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Friday, June 26, 2015

June 24 2015 We filled our water tank

Every morning it’s about 50=54 degrees in the trailer when I get up. No different this morning except the wind was already blowing. Actually it woke us up last night with a loud bang against the trailer. Susan thought it was a bear outside but it turned out that I didn’t latch a compartment door and the wind got it. After sitting around our morning fire we both took showers and then headed to town. I needed to fill my water bladder up so I could fill the trailer.  The Buena Vista Public Works Department has a place where you can fill your tanks. It costs only one dollar for up to 1000 gallons.  We filled my bladder which holds about 60 gallons. Next we went to a car wash and cleaned all the mud/stuff off the truck from the road to St Elmo.  We went back home and I pumped water to the trailer. Susan cleaned the inside of the truck.  I discover 3 pin hole leaks in my bladder, not too bad. Susan did some sewing while I took a nap. After I got up I was going to take a hike to Chalk Lake but then we started getting a few showers so that was out. We decided to go to the hardware store and I got some patches to repair my bladder. I stopped at a little place and bought some firewood. It stayed really cool all day with the high about 70. Too windy for an evening fire so we watched the College Baseball World Series. No pictures today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive