About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

June 22 2015 A Good Day

It was nippy when I got up this morning, about 49. I built a fire outside and then took Maggie for a walk.  When I got back I turned the generator on to make coffee. After the coffee was made I turned the generator off. Susan got up about 7 and joined me by the fire. Our battery powered fan and sound machine worked great. She said she never heard generaror or my truck this morning.  After awhile I cooked us some breakfast.  Later I put the genersator on and watched some tv,  the weather channel and some news. Susan did some sewing also.  We have to conserve our water as there is no where to get water here. Maybe I can find someplace in town where I can fill my water bladder up.  We went to town so Susan could get some stuff for a quilt she is making. I was feeling a little bad so we headed back to camp. I started feeling a little better so we headed on up the road past our camp to a ghost town called St. Elmo. It was a good road all the way.  St Elmo is about 10,200 ft. Its just a few old historic buildings. There is a gift shop and a small hotel called the Guest House. We headed back down to camp and stayed the rest of the day.













Roughing it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive