About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Friday, June 26, 2015

June 25 2015 Chalk Lake

It was the coldest morning we have had so far, 47 when I got up. I almost turned the furnace on but didn’t.  I built a good fire outside but we had a changing breeze. We sat by the fire until about 9. Susan went in and did some sewing. I went to Chalk Lake to look around. I was going to do some hiking but it didn’t take long for me to get tired at 9000 ft. It takes some getting used to. Went home and took a little nap. Later we ran to town and topped off the truck as we are moving tomorrow. Not sure where we will end up. We built a nice evening fire and stayed outside till about 7:30.  This is a really nice campground and we would stay here again. Susan decided this kind of camping is pretty nice.
Maggie is staying warm


Chalk Creek is running

Chalk Lake

Chalk Lake--A couple of fisherman

Cascade Falls

Arkansas rive near Buena Vista 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive