About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

April 11,12, 2021 Piddling Around and Enchanted Rock

It really cooled off Sunday morning. It was 47 when I got up. During the night Susan said she was cold so I got up and turned the heat on. When I got up at 5 it was still a little cool in the trailer so sure enough I ran out of propane.  I switched bottles and it ran about 10 minutes before it was empty. Then I took my for sure full bottle for my fire pit and hooked it up. Susan then had a warm trailer. It would have been a perfect morning to sit outside by a fire since the wind had laid.  There is a burn ban so wood fires are not allowed. I took a nice walk around park. When Susan got up she took her once a week medicine for arthritis and it made her sick, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn"t. Belinda also was up at 4:00 am and couldn"t sleep. Therefore we just chilled in camp all day. I did go and exchange my propane tanks. Pam and Greg  rolled in about 3:30 and they have the site us next to us. We cooked burgers for supper and everyone just visited.  Sunday morning Greg,Jamie, and myself drove to Enchanted Rock to climb.  It was a really nice morning and it was a good time. The weather was a little overcast but we still had good views. It seemed a little farther up than the last time I climbed it about 20 years ago.  While we were gone Susan and Pam went to a quilt shopping in Wimberley.  When we got back we rested awhile and then Greg/Pam me and Susan went to Blanco.  Susan and Pam went to a quilt shop there and Greg and I visited an old courthouse and rode the river road awhile.  We just had leftovers for supper and it was an early night for me.

Enchanted Rock















No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive