About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

April 17,18,19 A Few Cool Windy Days and Home Again

 Saturday morning was a cooler drier morning. It was around 47 degrees with a brisk 10-15 mph wind. I did my morning walk but only did a mile. It was too windy to sit outside. Later in the day we drove to Perdenales State Park. I wanted to hike down to the Falls and just look around the park. We were surprised that you needed reservations for a day pass and they were already sold out. Crazy.  We then went to Blanco where they were having a little market around the old courthouse. It was still cold and windy so we didn"t stay long.  Back at the trailer we just chilled  the rest of the evening with Susan sewing and I was reading. Sunday morning was pretty cool again but the wind had layed. I got in a nice walk and it was just a gorgeous morning. I cooked breakfast and just piddled around. The wind did pick up during the day. We decided that we would head home tomorrow. I picked up most of my stuff and loaded before bedtime so in the morning it wouldn"t take long to hook up and roll. Monday morning was very cool again running about 49 with not much wind. We got on the road about 8:30. I took a different way home to stay off I-10 in Houston, a lot less stressful drive.  We ate breakfast at Mels Diner in Giddings. Its a small cafe with plenty of parking behind it on the street if you have a trailer. We got home about 2:00.  It was nice that ir was cool to unload the trailer which did not take long.  Our next planned trip isn"t till May.

Made it Home








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive