About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

March 20-April 5 Just Piddling Around

 Just not a lot going on. Its been wet but I finally got all the yard mowed and all the pasture mowed for the first time this year. Susan had a quilt retreat at the lake for a week. I started redoing the old pipe heater from the deer lease. Its pretty heavy and without the front end loader I could never have done it by myself. I finally got it finished and took it to the deer lease. I had the first gout attack Iv"e ever had in my right foot and big toe. It crippled me for a couple of days. Not a fun thing. I actually had my annual check up right after but no reason was found for the gout. All my blood work looked good. I'm still having issues with blood pressure. I had severe dizzy spells and bone aches. My cardiologist took me off all the blood ptrssure medicine and the symptoms went away. Blood pressure is a little high but no dizzy spells. I started walking two miles a day hoping this might help me lose a little weight and keep my blood pressure and sugar down. Last Saturday I went to the deer lease and did a little mowing. I made a couple of new roads between the thinned pines. It was pretty easy since they sprayed and killed all the under brush. Kyle came up and we put a new roof on the cabin. The first roof was a little short and had mixed panels. Its fixed right this time. He is going to add a front porch next.  Kevin is in Wisconsin on a job  thats supposed to be 12-15 months. We probably won"t see him till Christmas. We went to Kristi"s on Easter Sunday. Kristi is able to walk around with her knee brace now. Her surgery is April 22 at Memorial Herman down town. Monday I washed the trailer and started loading it up. We leave for Canyon Lake Thursday for two weeks. 







Maggie sleeps a lot now. She is 17 and 1/2 years old now.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive