About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Canyon Lake,Tx June 11-17

We headed out on Monday morning to Canyon Lake. We carried our three granddaughters. We met our friends the Templetons who carried one daughter and two grandaughters with them..  The girls watched movies all the way . Its only a 4-5 hour drive but to them it seems long. We stayed at Potters Creek which is a Corp of Engineers park. The park is really nice and a great place to take kids.
The girls rode their bikes, pulled a wagon, and took walks around the park. Also the Templetons brought thier golf cart so they took evening rides around the park. We did a lot of swimming also. I bought a Sea Eagle kayak and we tried it out there. It worked great and is going to be a lot of fun..The girls also did a lots of arts and crafts at the picnic table. The weather was great. It did get hot but their was always a good wind blowing. One day a storm got close to us but no rain. We did get some straight line winds which blowed everything we had around. Almost lost our awning on the trailer. Touch and go for awhile but managed to get it down without too much damage. Next time I will be a little quicker in putting it down when a storm is in sight even if I think it will miss us.
 There was a lot of wildlife in the park. Deer came out every morning and evening to feed. There was two nights when were visitied by a young skunk who came ambling thru camp. I almost picked it up the first time  because it was dark and I thougtht is was my dog Maggie.  Oops guess it was friendly because it didnt spray.
 We are back home preparing for our next trip. I hope to keep my blog updated a little more often now that I dont have three grandkids to keep me active.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive