About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Shiloh Military National Park

I went to the Shiloh battlefield today. Once again a really nice national park. The visior center had about a 45 minute film on the three day battle which was very informative. It also was a driving tour  which you get out and walk to read the markers and just look around. The Shiloh church was destroyed during the battle but was rebuilt in 1875. I was surprised how small it really was. Once again Susan elected to stay home and sew. Later when I got back we went to Corinth to a quilt shop she found .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive