About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Travel day to Shiloh,TN

We drove almost 200 miles along the Natchez Trace Parkway toward Tennessee. It was a nice pretty drive. The speed limit is only 50 mph so you dont get in a hurry. My phone navigation did"t like the trace and kept trying to get me back on the interstate. When I should have listened to it I didn"t so we took a round about way to Pickwick Landing State Park. This a nice wooded park but big rigs beware,  Most of the sites are not level.  I am only 30 ft and there were not that many spots to get in easily. Also the pad widths are narrow. If we had known we probably would have stayed below the dam with a nice view of the Tennesee River. Oh well, we are just here for a day so I can go to the Shiloh National Military Park before heading to Nashville.

`





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive