About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Grand Ole Opry

It was laundtry day early on. We went to the nearest town to us which was Carthage. Luckily they had a pretty nice laundremat and we were finished fairly quick. Back to the park we went. Thought about taking a nap but we took a bike ride instead. I"m not liking the little hills in the park when I"m on a bike.

We left early heading to Nashville for the opry. Made a couple of stops at Academy and then Camping World.  After that we headed to an early supper , then on to the Opry. It turned out easy to find and we actually parked very close.

The Opry House really isn"t that big. It holds 4,400 people.The acoustics are great. The seats are pretty comfortable but they are cushioned bench seats. I didn"t take my camera but instead used my phone,  mistake on my part. During the show you can actually go up to the stage and get pictures if you want.

We saw The Whites, Little Jimmy Dickens, Greg Bates, Ricky Skaggs , John Conlee, Kristen Kelley, Rodney Atkins and Marty Stuart. It was a great show. Both Susan and I want to go back again. Oh well another trip sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive