About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Vicksburg Mississippi

 This was a travel day to Vicksburg. I wanted to travel some back roads thru Louisiana and we did. We saw some pretty country and at times some rough bumpy roads. The weather was actually pretty nice. We stopped in the parking lot of Bethany Baptist Church and made sandwiches for lunch, as there were no towns on the road we were on. 

We arrived in Vicksburg about 2:30 pm. We picked an RV park that was about 15 miles east of town. It is called Askews Landing.  Its at the end of a narrow two mile dead end road. Its my kind of park in a country setting. It has a lake and all the sites have plenty of room. We got a shady site under the trees. There were several sites that had limbs too low for me to get into but we managed to maneuver into this spot.

After getting set up, we decided to run over to Jackson. I wanted to look at laptops and notebooks for me. We went to Best Buy and yep, I found a small laptop.  After that we went and ate Mexican food then headed home. After setting up my new laptop I wrote this blog.  Tomorrow I'm headed for the civil war battlefields and Susan is going to a quilt shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive