About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Friday, September 25, 2020

Sept 23 2020 A Wine Day





We had another nice morning, just cool enough for a fire.  I spent my first hour this morning trying to get my satellite tv set up. I could get no signal. Finally changed my cable out and that was the problem, That cable was only a few months old. Good thing I carry spares. After breakfast we headed out to a couple of winerys. The first one was Cowie Winery. Its a nice little place. The owner is 80 years old. His daughter does most of the business now. Its funny as she says she doesn"t even like wine. We picked up three cases for a friend who ordered it ahead of time. We tasted several wines and I bought 4 bottles.  The next winery we went to is my favorite. Wiederkehr Winery has been around since the late 1800"s. They also have a restaurant on site. I picked up a case of different muscadine wines and Susan got a case of Sangria wine.  After we left there we headed back home. We ate a late lunch . Susan took a nap and I read and watched the boat traffic thru the dam lock.  That evening when we were sitting out having our happy hour we noticed as the sun was going down it was creating some different colors on the water. It was pretty and I haven"t seen it do this before.  Tomorrow will be our last full day here.    As you can see I"m having issues with my post this morning. Pictures are going above and below my text and I can"t caption anything. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive