About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, September 5, 2020

Sept 4 2020 Headed for a Fall Trip

Normally at this time of year I would be moving in to the deer lease. We lost most of our lease last December as it was sold. Susan always wanted to make some fall trips but I was always at the deer lease from Sept-Dec 22. I told her we would start going somewhere in the fall now. I did get about 750 acres back to deer hunt but no electricity nor water available. Im just not too invested in that anymore. We left Sept 4 and won"t be home till Oct 1.  We will be in Missouri and Arkansas.  After having no rain for about three weeks it was raining when I got up Friday morning. I still had a few things to load up. I managed not to get too wet. We pulled out about 7:30 am. We stopped at Stripes to fill up with gas and for Susan to get her diet coke for the road. We meandered along till we reached the other side of Nacogdoches where we stopped to have brunch. There is a little cafe called Kinfoks and we always eat there when we pass thru. There is a truck stop beside it where when can park the truck/trailer. They have good food. It had rained off and on most of the way bit was clearing up when we left there. I made one more stop for gas down the road before pulling into Rocky Point COE on Lake Wright Patnam.  6-7 hours is about all I like to drive anymore and we pulled in about 1:45 pm.  I didn"t even unhook the truck, just put our back jacks down and hooked up the power. The outside temp was only 82 so the trailer cooled down fast. We just chilled the rest of the evening. Too many tress to get satellite tv so Susan just watched movies. We just had leftovers from supper last night. This a really nice park and it was getting full by nightfall.  In the morning we will head out. It will be a short day.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive