About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Sept 5,6 Arrived at Willow Beach COE

p>We had a nice short drive Saturday. It was only about 3 hours to Willow Beach which is just south of Little Rock. It is on a little peninsula right off the Arkansas river. It is a small campground with only 21 sites. We got here a little early so we had to wait about 30 minutes before the previous folks moved to another site. I think they were hoping we were not going to show up. We just pulled into the boat launch parking lot and had a late lunch . Then we moved into our site. Our site is nice but the mosquitos are bad. Our neighbors gave us some spray while I was setting up. The weather was pretty nice about 82 degrees. We spent the rest of the evening getting things set up like we wanted. I cooked hot dogs and chili for supper. We had a gorgeous sunset. Sunday morning it was about 64 when I got up and foggy. I lit the propane fire pit and sat outside, When Susan got up she came out also, it was pretty nice. Later we went to Bass Pro and to Camping World. Im looking for a zero gravity chair that I like but they are hard to find. We came back empty handed. I grilled chicken and aspargus for supper. We visited with our neighbors for awhile and then retired for the night. We did change our travel plans some. We were supposed to go to Missouri to see Susans cousin but she is not feeling well and with this virus we decided not to go. We are now heading to Greers Ferry Lake on Thursday. I couldn"t get any waterfront sites as everything was already reserved. I am able to load pictures but not caption them. Im sure the problem is in chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive