About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, September 14, 2020

September 11 12-13 Greers Ferry

 It wasn"t really cold Friday morning but just cool enough  to use my fire pit when I got up. The cell service here is fine for talking but does not support much internet use. I don"t mind no tv but I don"t like not having internet service. We sat outside till about 8:30. Then we cleaned up and headed to Batesville. There is a quilt/fabric shop there that is supposed to be very good. I dropped Susan off there to shop till she dropped. I roamed around the town. I ended up at the river city park. The White River flows thru the town here and it is pretty nice. When Susan was finished I picked her up, she really didn"t buy much but said it was a great place. We headed back and stopped at a little cafe in the middle of nowhere to eat lunch. It was a great place to eat, Susan had catfish and I had chicken fried steak.  I may go back and eat lunch there again. Its a pretty drive from Higden to Batesville. When we got back we both took naps. Later we watched a dvd movie. We sat out that evening and the weather was pleasant.  Trailers started rolling in about 6:00 pm. Our section may be full by tomorrow.  It was another pleasant morning Saturday, Susan slept till almost 9:00. We decided to take a little drive around the lake checking out the other corp parks and just seeing the countryside. There was one park everyone said was really nice so we checked it out. It was nice but too many people there for me. We actually found another one close to Heber Springs that was much smaller and had several waterfront sites we could fit in. We ate lunch in Heber Springs and then headed home. We both took naps and then chilled the rest of the evening. Sunday morning was another nice morning, we sat outside till after breakfast. Susan cleaned some on the trailer and did some sewing. I filled our water tank as we were getting a little low. This park doesn"t have water at your sites but there are water spigots located around. I typically carry 300 ft of collapsible hose just for this occasion. Also the water spigots don"t have threaded outlet so you need a hose to slip over it. After that we cleaned up as we were having friends over. Don & Wilma Brubaker live in Greenbriar which is about 30 minutes from here. We worked together at Exxon. We had a good visit catching up on things. We all then headed to a Catfish place for supper. When we found it (gps took us to wrong place) it was closed.  Not many places open on Sundays in the small towns. We said our goodbyes and headed home. We just chilled the rest of the evening. Tomorrow we head to Eureka Springs.

White river in Batesville






Bounty from the quilt shop

Eating at DJ in Drasco


Eating at the Smokehouse in Heber Springs




plenty of hoses

water hook up



the view from my recliner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive