About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Friday, July 2, 2021

July 1, 2021 Travel Day to La Veta

 We both got up early this morning. We need to adjust to Mountain standard time.  We have a short day today only about one hour and 45 minutes. Since I did"t unhook last night we are ready to roll.  The clouds are low this morning and you could not see the top of the Capulin Volcano. We got on the road and our first stop was in Raton to gas up. It was slow going over Raton Pass as it was one lane due to construction and I got behind an 18 wheeler. Our next stop was in Trinidad at Walmart to get a few last minute items. Walking there reminded me my back was still delicate. We pulled into La Veta around 10:00 am. Our site in Circle the Wagons park was open so we moved in. We have been to this park before and like it. Its a small park with the Cuchara river running beside it. We got everything unloaded and set up. It was nice and cool around 68 degrees.  We just chilled and rested the rest of the day. We had some misting rain at times. I almost lost our awning when the wind really got up fast. I only had it out partially and we barely got it in. We got a pretty good rain after that.  I stayed up late (for me) hoping to sleep a little later in the morning.

View from the back of our trailer in La Veta


Cuchara River

Our campsite in La Veta

Susan headed back to trailer with our Walmart treasures

Capulin New Mexico

Top of Capulin volcano covered in clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive