About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, July 4, 2021

July 3, 2021 La Veta Parade

Another cool morning around 51 degrees. I took a short walk and my back felt pretty good. I saw 3 deer feeding on my travels.  I cooked us a little breakfast and then we headed a  few blocks to downtown. I dropped Susan off at the park where there was an Arts & Craft show and I walked to main street to see the 4th of July parade. There was lots of people. It was a small parade and had a lot of old tractors. I guess La Veta school is too small to have a band. When it was over I met up with Susan and we went to the small grocery store here and got a few things plus some ice cream. We headed back home. A little later we took a drive to Cuchara and then up the mountain road to Bear Lake. Lots of people and we didnt get out at the lake. We came back home and chilled. We just missed another storm that evening so I was able to cook out and we sat by the fire for happy hour.








.........................................................................Great Ice Cream Here....................................................



This little girl did very well selling bottled water





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive