About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

July 28, 2021 Travel Day for Us

We left Meeker about 9:00 am. Everything was great till we got to Steamboat Springs. Construction held us up for about 20 minutes. After that the approach to Rabbit Ears Pass from the west ate my lunch. 3rd gear 40 mph was my speed watching my engine temp. After that it was pretty smooth sailing. The road to Kremmling was a narrow two lane and very twisting.   The uneven pavement would make our trailer go up and down at times so I kept my speed down. When we got into Kremmeling one driver behind me blew by me as he was tired of following me. The next car that blew by me was a city cop and he pulled the race car driver over. I feel his pain because I am now the guy I use to hate on the road. When we got to Grand Lake GPS took us to the wrong place but I was able to turn around and we finally got there. Campground road was tight and our spot was long enough but not wide enough. Our slideout is even with the road. When we opened the trailer it was a mess. My chair moved and our cabinet fell over. Everything stored on the floor. Then I couldn"t find my power adapter for my little generator so I just used the Predator 3500, its actually quieter but my small Westinghouse 2200 is more fuel efficient. It was a hot day here as the heat wave continues. It made about 82 here. We just have no shade till late evening.  We drove around and checked the countryside out. You could sure see the effects from the fires last year. Susan found two quilt shops to go to sometime. When we got back I panfried some porkchops and Susan heated up some green peas. They are in a stage 2 fire restriction here so there are no open fires and no charcoal grills. Tomorrow we plan to go into Rocky Mountain National Park. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive