About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, July 3, 2021

July 2,2021 A Relaxing Day

 We didn"t do much today. It was about 53 when I got up and the wind was blowing about 6-7 mph. Still cannot do much walking because of my back. I cooked breakfast and then we took a truck ride. I wanted to check out some dispersed camping near La Veta Pass.  I found the county roads but they were too steep and narrow to take our trailer thru. We headed back and went to Walsenburg to pick up a few things.  After that we went home. It was a beautiful day. Maggie and I took a nap outside and Susan did some sewing.  Around 4 we had some storms move in, we got wind, rain, and small hail. Luckily the bad stuff stayed about 10 miles north of us where they got torrential rain, half dollar size hail and 60mph winds. There was flash flood warnings everywhere.  Sure glad we missed that. Susan cooked tacos for supper as we couldn"t cook outside. 

getting ready for a nap

Nice morning view

one doe showed up

sunrise coming

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive