About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, July 11, 2021

July 6-10 Moved to Wyoming, Boondocking and on to Lander Wy

 Our time at La Veta came to and end. It was a nice 8 days. We pulled out early on the 7th and headed to Wyoming. I-25 North thru Colorado had a lot of traffic. We caught some construction before Denver that slowed us down to 5mph for about 20 minutes. We made a couple stops along the way. We got to our boondocking spot between Cheyenne and Laramie around noon. Our favorite spot was taken so we found another spot we liked and set up.  We all took naps as it was pleasant in the trailer. The temp was about 80 but with 12% humidity. Not bad for a July day. Everything was great untill Friday morning. We got back from Laramie where Susan went to 2 quilt shops and then we stocked up on groceries. I went to start the little generator and it wouldn"t hit a lick. I had to start my big one (glad I brought it) which I didn"t want to use unless we needed ac. It not terrible loud but not as quiet as my little one.  I piddled with the little one and couldnt make it run. I found out that I didnt bring a deep socket for the spark plug.  I drove down the road to where there was a group camping. They were locals and they told me where I could go if I bought a new generator. The funny thing was they were having some generator problems also.  Susan and I went to Cheyenne so I could get a deep socket. Well I got it but then found that I needed a longer extension.  Very frustrated I decided to buy a generator.  We went to Harbor Freight and bought a Predator 3500. Its a little bit too heavy for me to lift by myself and put in truck. I decided to get it anyway. Ill just leave it in the back of my truck if there is no one around to help me load it. We finally got back to the trailer at 7:00 pm.  We just ate sandwiches for supper and then i set up the Predator. When I pushed the start button it purred like a kitten.  I was surprised at how quiet it was. I think its quieter than my little westinghouse.  Anyway this generator can run my ac also. Its supposed to be fuel efficient also so we will see.  Saturday morning we got up and headed to Lander Wy. On our way out we stopped and talked to one of the guys I met yesterday. He said still had one generator that was running rough. He also asked if the wind rocked us during the night. He said it was shaking his fifth wheel. Neither of us noticed any wind during the night so I guess we slept through it.  It was a boring drive, not a lot of places between Laramie and Lander. We got to the rv park and set up. Tomorrow will be a day of rest and then we will head to the Tetons. 

On the road heading to Wyoming on I-25

Nap time after arriving at our boondocking spot

Our spot




set up to cook breakfast

our site in Lander

our site in Lander



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive