About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, July 1, 2021

June 30 2021 Travel Day

We both got up early. Our plan was to at least make Dalhart Tx. I don"t like making long drives anymore. Our first stop was to dump our trailer. There were several deer around the dump station, several had fawns. We left the park at 7:38 am.  The trip was fairly easy and we made stops about every two hours or so . When we got to Amarillo we hit rain for about 30 minutes. I was feeling pretty good so we decided to head further down the road to Capulin NM.  When we got past Dalhart I called to get an rv site for the night. I"m glad I called because the park was almosr full when we got there. It was 5:30 pm Texas time but 4:30 NM time. We got a long spot and I didn"t have to unhook. The temperature was 67 and nice.  We ate supper and sat outside for a little while. I was so tired I went to bed about 7:30pm. We will have a short day tomorrow.  

Happy Hour at Capulin

These deer fed around me as I was dumping trailer

Our site in Capulin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive