About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

July 5 2021 A Drive to the Mountains

 We had another gorgeous morning. It was about 53 when I got up. I drank my coffee and watched the sun come up. I also watched two mule deer wander thru the park just looking around. After Susan got up we ate a little breakfast and decided to drive up to Lake Vista in the San Isabel mountains. It is a pretty drive and i had planned on eating lunch there at a small lodge. That didn"t happen as the restaurant was being remodeled.  We just piddled around and then went back to La Veta.  We ate at a little bar and grill just outside of town. After a late lunch we went home. Once again storms were predicted for the evening. We actually didn"t get any rain but it got dark all around us. We just had leftovers for supper.

Maggie is enjoying the sun








Thats where we are headed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive