About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Aug 14---Hoyt Lakes

susan is paddling away
Our trailer from the lake
The cove by our campground
I got up this morning and sat outside drinking my coffee. It was a little nippy, about 50, but there was no wind.  Susan got up a little later. She felt pretty good but her mouth was sore. Later we ran to Hoyt Lakes and filled our propane bottles, then went to an Ace Hardware in nearby Aurora to get a water container. We have no water hookups here so I figured if I put 5 gallons of water in trailer every day I won"t have to move it to refill our tank. When we got back I got our inflatable kayak out and aired it up. After lunch we did a little kayaking on the lake. It was the first time in two weeks we have went out . I figured my back was feeling pretty good now so it was time. It went okay, we only stayed out about an hour. We just relaxed around camp the rest of the day. Susan"s mouth started hurting more late in the day. Probably going to take a couple of days to get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive