About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, August 13, 2012

August 7-11 Hungry Jack

Not having any cell service keeps me behind updating. There is wi-fi at the lodge but it is slow to upload pictures. We haven"t done a lot the last four days except relax around camp. We did rent a pontoon boat for one evening and cruised the lake. That was a lot of fun. We never did any kayaking due to my back and Susans toothache. We had nice campfires every evening and needed it cause it was chilly. We had to run our electric heater at night to keep the trailer warm. We never saw any moose or bears but we did get a visit from bears one night.  I got up one morning and one of my shoes were gone from the picnic table and the grease trap for my grill was gone.I thought a coon had probably taken them. Later our neighbor told us she has heard a noise during the night. She got up and opened the door and there were two bear cubs looking at her. She shut the door. Another neighbor said she saw the momma bear and two cubs.  I followed a trail behind our camp and found my shoe and grease trap about thirty yards away. They never came back after that. We did get one day where it drizzeld all day and the temp stayed around 60. We drove to Grand Marais to get cell service to call home and check on things. On Saturday we went back and did our laundry before we move on.

I have lost my camera so no pictures to download. I am sure its somewhere in trailer or truck.

Driving the boat
Susan on the Lake
Hungry Jack Lodge
8/14/12  I found my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive