About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Aug 16--A trip to Virginia

It was a little wet from the rain last night when Maggie and I took our first walk this morning. It was still very cloudy and windy. Even though the temperature was a little warmer around 55 it definitely felt colder and I knew I had to wear warmer clothing today. Today I was going to have to do something about our water situation. We have no water hookups here and the only potable water is up front at the shower house. I have been using a five gallon water container to put water in our trailer everyday and this would be okay except my back just cant handle the weight.  I have found online a collapsible water container that would be great. It comes in several sizes and folds up for storage. I will order one when we get home. I also decided I needed a little battery power pump to pump the water to our tank. We dressed warmly and headed out for the day. Our destination was Virginia which is a pretty good sized town near here.  It was drizzling  and from inside the truck it looked really cold outside. We went thru several small towns on the way. Once again all the small towns are neat and pretty and usually have a small lake near them. It wasn"t as far as we thought to get to Virginia about 30 minutes. Its a good sized town  with a population of about 6000.   There is a franchise up here called Menard's which is like a Home Depot or Lowe's. I found a little electric water pump there which I thought would be perfect for my needs. Susan had been wanting to get the grandkids some school clothes. and she found a store with some good sales. .When we got back I rigged my water pump up.. and it worked great. It will pump a five gallon container in just a couple minutes.  This made a sucessful day for me. It never really cleared up so we didnt get out the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive